Monday, October 16, 2017

It's Been Too Long

Once again, I'm attempting to get back to my daily writing. I suppose I've been following that old adage about not saying anything if you don't have anything nice to say (not that I have always followed that advice). My usual sunny disposition has been more difficult than usual to maintain, or even attain. Last week I spent two days in the hospital on morphine and dilaudid for excruciating pain in my side. I was told I have a non-alcohol-related liver disease -- and discharged to follow up with my doctor. That was on Thursday; on Friday I rested, and on Saturday I went with my son to the inaguaral game of our new hockey team -- and spent the last hour of the game vomiting blood in the bathroom. Yesterday I rested again and today I'm ready to go to work. Or at least I'm going to work and hoping to get in to see my doctor afterwards.

My condition may explain why I have been so tired for the last few months, but I can't be sure because the doctor at the hospital didn't give me much information. Either way, these symptoms can't be good. I'll apologize in advance for my own TMI: I've been up since 4:45 (nearly two hours) and have spent at least forty-five minutes of that time in the bathroom with the runs. Again, not something that bodes well for three hours of teaching, but I truly cannot miss anymore time unless I decide to have someone else take over my classes. That situation would likely lead to my not getting any future classes, at least for a while.

I hate to come back full of complaints, and hopefully next time I'll have better news.

No comments:

Post a Comment